Thursday, November 2, 2017

Welcome: A Mo Willems Guide for New Arrivals

" Thank you for joining us. We are so glad you are here. I want to read this book to YOU. Will you be with me in my arms. . . WHILE WE READ THIS BOOK TOGETHER." (book jacket)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This book has everything going for it. First of all, it's by Mo Willems, who is one of the most loved picture book authors ever. Second it's an adorable book to use as you bond with your baby. I love how this book opens and closes with a mirror for baby to look through. I love how throughout the book, Mo Willems uses the phrase "While we read this book together," demonstrating how important adults reading to little ones can be. My favorite part of the book is repeated, "This is YOU. You are HERE. You are LOVED. . . while we read this book together."



Someone who is pregnant or just had a baby will be receiving this book from me. I LOVE IT.


With love from Library Land,

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment