Sunday, November 5, 2017

Escargot by Daska Slater

"Bonjour! I am Escargot. I want only two things:
 1. To be your favorite animal
 2. to get to the delicious salad at the end of this book. Are you ready? On your mark. . . get set . . .GO!" (book jacket)

Escargot the snail tries to make you love him throughout the entire book. He spends the book telling you all the good things about snails and how they are actually faster than cheetahs (not really), he does not leave slimy trails behind him (it's a shimmery trail of . . . shimmery stuff) and how fierce he can be to a carrot. This book is adorable and I love how Escargot includes some French words in his dialog.

While snails are still NOT my favorite animal, Escargot is almost cute enough to change my mind.

With Love from Library Land,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment